If you're looking for information about how to cancel an order, please click here.
If you want to know why we have cancelled your order, please see below.
Sometimes there are occasions when we may need to cancel your order.
Circumstances beyond our control
We'll always try our best to get your order to you. However, there are times when we're unable to - such as in extreme weather, a customer not being at home, or because of other circumstances beyond our control. On the rare occasion that we do have to cancel your order, we'll send you an email or text to let you know. We do not take your payment – this will be in a holding fund at your bank until it’s released back into your account. See below about re-booking your order.
Problems taking payment
We try to authorise payment for your order on the day of delivery or collection. Occasionally we're not able to get a successful authorisation message from your bank - this can happen for several reasons. Your bank will be able to provide you with information to explain why this has happened.
We can't fulfil orders without successful authorisation, so we will need to cancel your order. If this happens, we will notify you before your time slot if we have not been able to authorise your card. A message will appear on your Order Details page and we will send you an email.
Here's some tips to prevent this from happening on future orders:
- Check you have sufficient funds in your account to cover the value of the order
- Check all the payment information you've added is correct - including your address, postcode and CVV code
- Check the date on your card - if it has expired, we won't be able to secure payment. You can find out more about adding a replacement card for future orders by clicking here.
- For more information on how we take payment, please visit our FAQ.
Re-booking your order
If your order was cancelled before collection or delivery, your trolley will still be available to re-order. Please follow the steps below:
1. Visit the Asda Groceries website.
2. Click on Sign in and enter your login details.
3. Click on Your Orders.
4. Select the order which has been cancelled.
5. Click on Re-order - a message will pop up asking you to confirm adding the order to your trolley.
6. If you would like to add more items to your order you can click the Continue shopping button.
7. When you're finished, click Checkout.
Need to contact us?
Use the options below to get in touch.