Set substitution preference for every order
1. Visit the Asda Groceries website
2. Then click on Sign in and enter your registered email address and password
3. Click on Your account
4. Choose Your preferences
5. Click Yes, bring me substitutions or No, don't bring me substitutions.
Remove substitutions for a specific product
If you have selected Yes to accepting substitutes, but decide you don't want a substitute for a specific product, you can easily override this preference when you are checking out.
1. Select Checkout and follow the checkout process
2. On the final Confirmation page you can view a preview of your trolley items - select Review Trolley
3. Click the check box beside each product to select whether or not you want to receive a substitution for that item.
Already received unsuitable substitutions?
If a product is out of stock we'll try to select a substitute which is similar to the original item you ordered, however if the substitutions are not suitable then you can easily request a refund online within 3 days of receiving your delivery/collection (day 1 is day of delivery). Click here to see how to request a refund.
What happens if it's more than 3 days after my delivery or collection?
No problem. Get in touch with our customer service team using the contact us links below and we'll happily sort this for you.
Need to contact us?
Use the options below to get in touch.