There are 2 ways to set your option for substitutions:
2. Click on Your Account - You can find this in the top right hand corner in a blue box
3. Choose Your Preferences
4. Click Yes, bring me substitutions or No, don't bring me substitutions.
Want to Override?
To override the preference you've set, tick or untick the box which allows substitutes on the order summary page when you're checking out your order. When you get to the summary page click on the review trolley button, this will bring up all of your items and here you can decide individually what can be substituted and what can't.
Already received unsuitable substitutions?
If you've already received unsuitable substitutions then you can request a refund for these items 3 days after your delivery or collection (day 1 is day of delivery). In 3- 5 working days you'll see the refund in your account.
It's quick and easy to do. Here's how:
1. First go to www.asda.com and click on Groceries or click here to go to the grocery website
2. Then click on the Your Orders icon - You can find this in the top right hand corner of the screen next to Your Account
3. Please find your most recent order - The date the order was delivered is shown on the left side just under the order number
4. Click on View details - It's highlighted in blue to the right
5. Click on Request refund - It's the blue hyper link just under the green 'add order to trolley' button
6. Select the item or items you want to refund along with the reason for the refund